The first half of this last week, we went on a trip to Goblin Valley and Capitol Reef. We had such a fun time together as a family. The following posts are the different things we saw and did while we were away.
As we were driving through the desert, we started noticing little splashes of color. As we looked closer, we noticed the cactus' had blossoms on them. It was so pretty to see the whole valley floor filled with little cactus flowers. Here they are close up....


And who says you can't find beauty in the desert? It's as plain as the nose on your face. I am right there in the desert!! Just kidding. I'm not that vain. Family photo. One of many.

Here's a pretty picture of the river going through the bottom of the Little Grand Canyon in Southeast Utah. This was our first stop.

A more full view of this amazing place. Did any of you know this was so close to us?

Cute Ashley.


Ashley and Katie had fun picking the little "berries" off this tree. They were forbidden to eat any of them. I didn't know if they were poisonous.

Cute Katie.
6 comments:
looks like you guys had lots of fun! who all went? how long were you gone?
Those were really pretty flowers! I've never looked for the beauty in cactuses either. We do have some great places right around us. Maybe we'll have to take some local trips too!
That looks like a lot of fun for kids, to be able to get dirtier than dirt and no one cares. We never do those sorts of things. I don't think I even know how. I'm glad you had fun and got some great pictures.
I just finished reading all your posts about your trip. It sounds like lots of fun. We're still hoping to plan a camping trip. We've got to get with the program before summer is over. I love all the pictures of landscapes. They almost don't look real. But I love even better the pictures of your family. Those are always the best, especially the picture of Ashley in the van with rosy cheeks. The driving part of trips is definitely NOT the highlight! I'm glad you had a good time.
I can't believe how much your little Katie looks just like you Cathy. You have such a cute family!
Sarah Johnson
That's wonderful job you did it, found beauty in desert!..
These are really beautiful flowers...
___________________
Vince
Instant loans at an attractive low rates
Post a Comment