14 June 2009

Buckhorn wash (Sounds cowboyish I know!)

After the little Grand Canyon, we went through a canyon called Buckhorn Wash. It was amazingly beautiful!! I mostly included landscape pictures. Hopefully you can get the feeling of just how gorgeous it really is there. Below is a picture of our caravan. We had a 2-way radio and the person at the end of the caravan also had a 2-way radio. It made it very handy to make sure everyone got through safely.


Pretty views.





We had a little booklet that told us what to look for as we were driving through the canyon. As I was looking through it, I found a picture of these pictographs. I thought it looked interesting to see. We had the whole caravan pull over to where we thought the place was and we searched and searched for them to no avail. We finally decided to get in our cars and not 5 minutes later, came upon these. There was a nice little area where you could sit and everything. We were looking WAY too hard. We had a nice laugh about that.


As we were driving through the canyon, we came around a bend and got startled by two antelope in the road. They were just as startled as we were and darted right in front of us. I mistakenly identified them as deer to which Matt quickly corrected me. I had no idea that Katie was listening in on our conversation until a while later when she informed us all that we had seen some "cantaloupe" while camping. Funny Katie..



You can tell from the look on Ashley's face that she was completely enjoying the long ride. Right? RIGHT?!!




3 comments:

big8smiley said...

I'm glad you finally got to see the writing on the wall! It looks like you are a caravan of government vehicles from your rear view mirror picture. Funny! Those 2-way radios are nice to have! We used them on our trip too.

Anonymous said...

Cathy, you have such a great sense of humor. It's nice to see your family is having a great time.

Anonymous said...

These are adventuress pictures,
Its goo captured bobatharoo..
___________________
Vince
Loans in a low rate and we make it easy to repay it too