29 June 2009

Silly kids!

Here are some funnies we've had in our house lately:

1. On Sunday, Katie was sitting with our wonderful neighbors, the Parker's, in church. Matt was giving a talk. Apparently, he quoted a scripture that had the word 'Yea' in it. Katie started laughing. When asked why she was laughing she said, "My dad just said yay!"

2. A few nights ago, Jacob found a fly in the house. He pursued it for 5 minutes or so. When he had successfully swatted it dead, he went and got a tissue. Upon return, he decided he would inspect the fly a little closer. After a while he said, "huh... that fly's bum looks familiar." Then he proceeded to tell me it had stripes on its bum. It did. I think we need to explain the meaning of some basic words around here..

3. The kids recently finished up swim lessons. upon arriving home, Katie declared that 'she already had a bath after swim lessons'. Ashley decided to take it upon herself to check her so she sniffed Katie's leg and said, "You don't smell like a bath, you smell like Payson Pool!"

4. Katie was ripping apart a skittles wrapper about a week ago. She revealed the glue that was holding the 2 pieces together. She noticed that the glue was pink. She looked at it and said, "ooohhh, la!" (translation please? Ooohhh, la, la)

The end.

4 comments:

Shnopa said...

I love the funny things kids say. And it's good you're writing them down. I forget almost instantly if I don't write it. Thank you for sharing your cute kids' funnies with me.

big8smiley said...

Those are all really cute! I still really like the familiar bum. :)

Lisa said...

Your kids are funny. Thanks for sharing the funny stuff that's said around your house. What a riot!

Anonymous said...

The kids really do funny stuff's, These are really funny.
I enjoyedreading your blog..

___________________
Vince
Instant loans at an attractive low rates