03 May 2009

Wonderful day, Wonderful Jacob!

I did not go to church today. The reason? See below...

I look like I got punched in the eye. Minus the black, of course. I didn't feel like it would be a good idea to grace others with this kind of presence. So, I took the kids to church, Matt guided them to their classes and I came home with Abbie to get some rest, hoping that the swelling would go down. Matt brought the kids back home before Sacrament meeting so we wouldn't have the opportunity of Jacob babysitting kids on the bench. (SCARY!!!!!!) So when they got home, I laid down to rest some more and Jacob took care of the rest. He swept the kitchen floor...

Made my bed and did a pretty good job I think. Other than the upside down bedspread. (I won't tell him).....
Cleaned up the front room....

and got a project ready for Ashley to color so she could stay quiet and I could rest. She decided she didn't want to color and did a project instead but notice what Jacob wrote at the top of the paper?
It says "redy to color". Just so Ashley would know that everything was all ready for her. How cute is that? Lately, he has tried so hard to be a good helper every day. He is such a good boy!

5 comments:

melissabastow said...

Is this a natural thing? Or was there like future beatings to scare him into being such a great helper? Because if it's the beatings I may still have a chance with my kids...

big8smiley said...

I think this is so cute! What a responsible and loving boy! I really can't believe he did all that and such a great job too. :)

Lisa said...

It's so nice to have little glimpses of how good our kids can be. Those times seem to come in phases at our house, so I try to milk them as much as I can whenever they come up. I think it's very cute of Jacob to do all those things. What a sweet boy!

Metallica and Mozart said...

Wow. I now have hope that Max could one day be a help to me, which is something I never imagined. Thank you, Jacob, for breaking the boy stereotype.

Shnopa said...

I loved this post. I'm wondering what exactly happened to your eye. Did you just wake up like that?

It warmed my heart to see all that Jacob did for you. That is an early Mother's Day gift and one you can reflect on this Sunday in case everything goes to pot. I especially love the picture he got ready for Ashley. That is SO CUTE!