28 May 2009

Where did the time go?

I never realized how fast time would really go once you had kids. How the weeks would fly by so fast that you wouldn't even remember what day it was anymore. I remember when I was younger and I would get grounded for a week. I knew in my little kid mind that the grounding would only last a day. I always thought it was great that my mom forgot I was grounded. But you know what? Now, I am that mom!!! I forget punishments. On the occasion that I do remember a punishment and to follow it through, I have a hard time remembering what the punishment was for. I am sure my kids think that it's great that I forget. They probably also know where all my "secret" hiding places are too. In commemoration of time flying, here are some pics of Abbie. She is a whopping just-shy-of nine months. I really can't believe the time has gone that fast! I think I am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that another summer is here. Note to self: slow down and enjoy life. It will pass you by whether you like it or not!




4 comments:

Hannah said...

I TOTALLY agree with this post!!! I have THREE kids and Ephraim is 15-1/2 months!! CRAZY! I'll be a grandma before I know it!

big8smiley said...

Me too! That's just the way it goes and our kids are probably better off for our lack of memory. Maybe that's why it happens! Abbie is cute!!

Lisa said...

Yes, life is short. It is fun to see our kids grow and learn and develop their personalities, but it's sad at the same time. I don't even want to think about having them all grown up and gone, so you're right...we'd better enjoy life with them now.

Shnopa said...

Abbie is such a cutie! It's fun to see her personality emerge. I love the hand/foot twist and growl she does. I don't think I've ever heard anything quite like it. It's those kinds of things that are so precious to us as our children grow up. We'll never forget.