So obviously, I'm very behind in my posting. But, at least I'm doing it right? RIGHT? I have several excuses that I could give you right now but I will spare you. I'll just say they all are legitimate. So there.
In October, we went with Jessica and her girls to the Country Farm Fest. It was pretty fun but way warmer than we were expecting. Needless to say, I did sweat that day. You're welcome for that information.
The kids enjoyed poking their heads through for pictures. They liked choosing which hole was theirs for the said picture. We love this picture of Abbie.

Luckily there were four holes to choose from. No fights here.

I had to include this one of Greta. Doesn't her face fit the painting perfectly? For the record, I may or may not have nightmares over this picture.

The kids also got to enjoy their first horse ride. If you want to call it that. They all thought it was pretty amazing, and that's what matters.


Judging by this picture, you can guess how much Greta liked the horses.

They also had a little hay bale maze for the kids. They thought it was the bomb. Seriously, we could have spent the whole time here if only Abbie hadn't successfully found the exit without me knowing for a bit.

I love these guys!!

Jacob is such a thoughtful little boy. He and his friend, Wyatt, were trying to think up ideas of how to spend their time. Jacob had a grandiose idea to go and rake the neighbors leaves. They rounded up some rakes and did a mighty fine job. Katie and Ashley even joined in on the fun!

A very beautiful fall sunrise. I LOVE me a good sunrise!!!

Katie raked this pile of leaves all by herself so she could have some leaf-jumping fun. Which she did.

Abbie chillin' with all her favorite things of that day.

What isn't fun about getting almost every single toy that you own and making a huge pile on the couch? Need I even ask.

Abbie in the favored sleeping position. We have found her on multiple nights, with that silly rabbit tucked in between her legs in that exact position. Great blackmail I am telling you!!

We have had plenty of lost teeth this season. Ashley has lost almost the same amount of teeth as Jacob. They both think it's pretty cool that they are the same.

Scrumdiddlyumptious! These.... were the bomb. A tradition that shall continue!

The annual carving of the pumpkins. Complete with mom and dad digging out all the slime because it was just "too gross!"

The completed project. Just in time for Halloween too. I honestly don't know what is so funny but obviously there is something gut-busting going on for this picture.

The specially chosen Halloween costumes for the year. Halloween was very fun this year. We went to Teresa and Jaime's neighborhood and trick-or-treated with them. The kids had a ball and got quite the loot. Lucky me... I mean, them. Totally kidding. I think they polished it off in less than a month after Halloween. Good riddance candy. Until next year.

The traditional viewing of temple square lights. We went with Zelma and her kids to see the lights this year. It was very nice. It rained the whole way up but once we got there, not another drop fell. Needless to say, it was not crowded at all and plenty warm for all of us to not be completely frozen by the time we were done. We topped the night off with donuts and hot chocolate. Perfectly fun night in my opinion.

Another tradition in our house? Gingerbread (okay they are really graham crackers. Who really wants to take the time to make real gingerbread?) houses. Abbie even joined in on the fun this year and had a ball eating as much candy and pretzels she could fit in her mouth. She did manage to decorate half her house though. The other kids enjoyed making patterns and Jacob even decorating a "themed" house.

Unfortunately, we did not take tons of pictures of Christmas. It was very much organized chaos. The kids woke up at 4 a.m. and I banished them from the living room at least until Abbie woke up. That didn't work too well. We will definitely have a plan for next year. Aside from that, Christmas was very nice this year. It was a laid back, happy day.

See the big orange blob on our Christmas tree? When we first put our tree up this season, Ashley was so excited to make some ornaments for the tree that she came up with that beauty. It is a Santa face complete with a beard, very high mustache and a string to hang it with. I couldn't bear to take it down so there it stood, the whole Christmas season, prominently displayed for all to see. I grew to love that silly ornament and ended up keeping it for memory sake!!

Last but not least, we have had plenty of days filled with sopping wet boots, snow pants, coats and gloves stacked on chairs and heaters to get dry and cold kids who are wrapped in blankets and drinking hot chocolate. Winter has been good but boy am I ready for spring!!!
3 comments:
So fun Cathy!! I love it!
but you forgot...and then I had a baby! Looks like you wll had a fabulous fall and winter!! (I am ready for it to be over too!)
That was a fun post. I can relate to much of what you're saying. And I, too, am looking forward to warmer weather.
Post a Comment