13 April 2009

Saturday hike.

Saturday, we went on a hike to a mountain that has Jasper (a kind of rock) to make flint and steel fire starting kits. Sounds woodsy, I know. It was a pretty gray day with a drop of rain here and there. But overall a nice day for a hike. When we got there, we had yet to feel any rain. As we were hiking up, it started to sprinkle. Apparently, Ashley got a raindrop on her head and quickly informed Jacob that she was sure "A bird just spit on me!" So funny. Here are a few pics of our hike.





2 comments:

Metallica and Mozart said...

Oh, how I miss hiking. At least in Houston biking is a lot easier. No hills. Did you find any Jasper?

big8smiley said...

You got some really cute pictures of the kids. :) I love taking kids on short hikes. It's cute to see how they bond when out in nature on a family activity. Long hikes include too much complaining, but the short ones are really fun!