17 January 2009

Here comes Christmas..... finally!

So I'm a little behind on my posts. But for the sake of the blog, I will quickly post the remainder of our Christmas pics.

The whole week before Christmas, any Christmas conversation we had, Jacob would remind us all that Christmas wasn't about presents, it was about celebrating Jesus's birth. So Christmas eve, we made a big deal about the true meaning of Christmas, making sure to read and talk about the Christmas story in the bible. After our conversation was over and the kids were getting ready to get in bed, Jacob said, "I'm so excited to open presents!!" I said, "yeah but what is the real reason we celebrate Christmas?" He replied, "to celebrate Jesus' birth. But I'm so excited to open presents!!!" So much for learning. Maybe next year.

For those of you wondering if this is all of the presents received on Christmas, the answer is.... yes. Since Jacob was very little, we decided that we would not "go all out" for Christmas presents for anyone in the family. So even though there is not much, we had a very good Christmas and we all were very happy with what was received.

Jacob has enjoyed all of his Christmas presents. He has proven to be very difficult to shop for because he doesn't really tell us anything that he wants. That being said, I think pretty much everything for him was a hit this year.

Ashley asked for the Barbie and the Diamond Castle DVD and a microphone to sing in to. The other things were just bonus items. Everything you see here has been played to pieces with. (Not literally... everything is still in tact, except for the lifesavers, well most of them anyway. YOU GET THE PICTURE!!!)

Katie loves, loves, LOVES anything girl-ish. Barbies, polly pockets, playing pretend... you name it, she loves it. She sleeps with her barbies including the one in this picture. The cabbage patch doll has been mostly forgotten, bummer, and she enjoys the food and keyboard.

Not much to say about Abbie's Christmas. She's nearly 4 months old, she doesn't even know that the rattles I wrapped for her and then unwrapped for her are new. But she does love them!

I thoroughly enjoyed Christmas break this year. We had a lot of relaxing time together and time to just be. It was a break much needed and very much taken advantage of. Life gets so busy sometimes, I am thankful for times like this where we can make memories together. Merry Late Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I think it's funny that you said something about how many presents were under your tree. I didn't even notice. Probably because that's what our tree looked like. LOL! If you give kids too many things it just makes an unnecessary mess!

big8smiley said...

I love Katie's face in her picture! She looks so excited! Abbie's little cheerio mouth is cute too.

It's always nice when your kids enjoy EVERYTHING you got them and nothing gets pushed by the wayside. It looks like a fun Christmas. :)