When I got home from my appointments, we pulled into the garage and I immediately smelled something funny. It was like flashbacks in my mind and I realized what had happened. I ran into the house as much as a pregnant woman can. Yes, I surprised even myself, and pulled the cookies out of the oven. They were just starting to smoke which means fire next. I said a prayer of thanks that day!
21 July 2008
Anyone for some cookies?
I am so lucky I didn't burn the house down with this episode. I was going Visiting Teaching and decided to make some cookies for the Sisters I visit. I had timed the last batch just right so I could bake them, pull them out of the oven and leave. Needless to say, I forgot that I had put the last batch in. So, I baked them at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours! The first picture is how they were supposed to look, the second picture is, well, you get the point.


When I got home from my appointments, we pulled into the garage and I immediately smelled something funny. It was like flashbacks in my mind and I realized what had happened. I ran into the house as much as a pregnant woman can. Yes, I surprised even myself, and pulled the cookies out of the oven. They were just starting to smoke which means fire next. I said a prayer of thanks that day!
When I got home from my appointments, we pulled into the garage and I immediately smelled something funny. It was like flashbacks in my mind and I realized what had happened. I ran into the house as much as a pregnant woman can. Yes, I surprised even myself, and pulled the cookies out of the oven. They were just starting to smoke which means fire next. I said a prayer of thanks that day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i've done the same thing, with many things...cookies, biscuits, etc. it's a wonder we're all still alive.
This is so hilarious! It gave me a good laugh- thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment