24 November 2007

Today's Happenings

Here is the result of leaving Katie in her high chair too long. We had pancakes for breakfast this morning. When Katie is done eating hers, if I don't get her out of her chair VERY soon after, she starts licking her plate. Well today, I looked over only to see her using her syrupy plate as a hat. Way to go Katie!


I also just had to share what Jacob did today. I was very proud of him. I took him to Hogi Yogi to submit a coloring contest page that he did. As a reward, they got a free cookie ice cream sandwich. He got to pick the cookies and the ice cream. As we were driving home he said, "I am going to give one of my cookies to my sister." It made me so proud of him to think that maybe she would like a cookie too so he would just give her one of his. When we got home, he promptly took one of his cookies from his sandwich and gave it to her. To which they both enjoyed a yummy treat. What a nice boy!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Even though Katie was a mess, those are the cute things that you remember. And those stages are gone so quickly.

It's always so rewarding to catch your kids thinking of each other without any prompting from you.

Lisa said...

Cute Katie! Don't you just want to eat her up sometimes? Syrup would especially make her tasty.

That was very nice and cute of Jacob to share his prize. What a good kid!

big8smiley said...

The syrup thing is a frustrating moment. It's one of those times you know you should have prevented it, but didn't, and now you are left with the aftermath. I get that often. Thank goodness kids are washable.