23 December 2009

Now I know EVERYTHING!

We got to go up to temple square tonight to see the Christmas lights. We had so much fun with the kids (amidst the whining that they were cold and tired... ahhhh kids.) We decided to go see the Christus very first because we felt like it would be less busy the earlier we went. We all sat down and admired the beautiful statue and also relished in the spirit that I'm sure everyone else felt too. The older kids declare they need a drink. I, knowing where the nearest fountain is, usher them to it. As I am walking past a mother and daughter, I catch a glimpse into their conversation. The mother is explaining a concept to her daughter. She says, "the father has the sperm and the mother has the egg...." WHAT!!!!!! Now let me tell you something, that was perfect timing on the mother's part to gently explain the inner workings of child-creating while sitting in front of the Christus. On that note, good night!

3 comments:

The Nelsons said...

Wow, so sad I missed it!!!! I forgot that Nathan had a neck injury and couldn't have gone anyway. He's had to lay on the couch for days. Luckily, he's feeling better today. Merry CHRISTMAS!!

melissabastow said...

Wow. You should have jumped in and drawn a diagram.

COMPLETELY UNRELATED: the word verification thingy says 'chair' and I'm sitting on a chair right now. Coincidence.........? I think Blogger is stalking me.

Cynthia said...

Some people are soooo DENSE! She didn't seem to take into account that there are lots of families with small children all around her. She should have taken her daughter out for a little ice cream and talked about it over hot fudge.