13 February 2009

A day, and a day, and a day in the life of Ashley.

Every day. Every single day is like these four pictures. Ashley must be going through some sort of phase. She never wants to eat when everyone else eats. And because we need some semblance of order at our house, when it's meal time, you eat. When it' meal time is over, you are done. So, every day Ashley is the last one at the table. She plays, sings, turns around on her chair, makes conversation and only sometimes does she eat. Maybe when she's older she'll appreciate it all.

3 comments:

Shnopa said...

Did I not send you the picture of Ashley at my house with a bowl of soup? Now there's 5 examples. At least you know it's not just your food she won't eat, it's food in general. Either that or we're both bad cooks.

melissabastow said...

I hear you. Caleb is just like this. And then he'll pull the, "I'm NOT hungry!!!" screaming fit until I let him down, and then five minutes later, "I'm hungry, mommy." WHATEVER kid - - go ahead and STARVE!!!!! I'm totally a nice person/mother. TOE-TA-LEEE.

big8smiley said...

Nathan is in this exact same stage and it is SO FRUSTRATING!!! Today he sat at the table in front of a bowl of ramen noodles for 40 minutes, even though he wanted me to make them for lunch. He also spent the same amount of time at breakfast over a glass of milk and some cinnamon toast. That can't be fun! We have to keep setting the timer and using all kinds of threats just to get him to eat what everyone else is sitting there eating. At least now I know I'm not the only one going through this routine at mealtimes.