21 December 2008

Hello, world!! or neighbors anyway.

Yesterday I went Christmas shopping. I know, procrastination. Nonetheless, I was running late when I got home and so all of the goods stayed in the trunk until I could get them later in the evening. When we got home from that evenings festivities, I put on my uber-plush bathrobe. I love to wear it when I am home because it is so warm and cozy. So I was fully clothed, with my bathrobe on. I decided to go outside in my bathrobe to retrieve the gifts. I told Matt before going out that no one would see me with my bathrobe on (it was 10:30 at night) so I would just go out in it. I used the keypad on our car door to open the trunk. When I got all the stuff out of the trunk, I closed it and the car alarm started up! I ran inside to get the keys very quickly. I came out and turned the alarm off just in time to turn around and see our neighbors coming out of their house, I'm assuming to see what was going on. I was caught!! I explained to them the situation and then I had to explain why I was outside, in my bathrobe. They all had a very good laugh and then I hurried and went inside. I was really warm though.

3 comments:

big8smiley said...

I'm glad you were warm.

:) You shouldn't have explained, just let them wonder! Now that you've been seen in your robe in public, you might as well just be comfortable. I don't see any problem with wearing that over your dress, to church, for instance.

melissabastow said...

It's too bad you were fully clothed underneath....I mean, good thing...phew.

I'm pretty sure my neighbors already think I'm some kind of crazy, but I might do your robe trick just to confirm their suspicions.

Tina said...

Cathy, wazzup my friendzizzle. Good to hear from you. We bookmarked your blog so we can check it out. How is life treating you? Do you keep in touch with anyone else from the gang? Where are you at? Do you know where Alina is? Thanks.
-Rob