01 July 2008
My testimony.
I have been thinking a lot about the gay marriage rights issue at hand in our country right now. Marriage is between a man and woman...only. Anything else is not ordained of God. In the First Presidency's Proclamation on the Family, it clearly states that we should be upholding the family and marriage between a man and a woman. I know that the men who wrote the proclamation were given inspiration for it through Jesus Christ. If we follow the living prophet, Thomas S. Monson, we cannot stray thus ensuring promises and blessings to us and our families in this very scary world. I know that as our society continues to spiral downward in their morals and values, we will see the "natural" calamities increase in volume and intensity. America is the promised land as long as we obey Heavenly Father's commandments. If we do not, those promises are not ours. As the rest of society continues to be swayed with the current, I will stand strong and immovable in my testimony of a loving Heavenly Father who will bless and direct his people who are willing to listen to him and obey his commandments. I will continue to uphold our prophet even if what he is saying goes against everyone around me. I will work to pattern my life after my Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only church on the face of this earth that holds all of the keys that will make it possible for us to return to live with our Heavenly Father. My testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel has increased far more than I could have ever imagined working in the primary with the children in our ward. I know that as the world continues to be grappled in Satan's grip, I have a light in my life that cannot be denied. As I live the "Mormon" lifestyle, I know that I can withstand anything that Satan will place in the hearts of men. I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with all of my heart and I am so happy that I have the blessings given to me and my family from Heavenly Father because we choose to follow him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Amen, sistah! You should check out my BIL's political blog at http://essentialfreedom.blogspot.com/
Thank you for sharing your testimony. I feel that it is truly time for us to follow the counsel we have been given a make our voices known. It's not ok anymore to quietly go about our Mormon business and ignore the rest of what is happening around us. We have to lift our voices to be heard and to counter the many loud voices of evil.
I couldn't have said it better myself. You are amazing. thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment